Since beginning our 1:1 iPad initiative in 2012, we are eager to offer all students the opportunity to select the iPad model that best suits their learning preferences. The administration and faculty have enjoyed the benefits of being a 1:1 iPad school, and we continue to look forward to exploring new and exciting possibilities for using iPads to enhance teaching and learning.
Loyola College Prep students are required to provide their own iPad.
We strongly recommend an iPad with:
- the latest version of iOS
- a screen size of 9.7 inches (the iPad mini is acceptable but does not provide as much screen real estate)
- 32GB minimum internal memory.
- Prices for iPads range from $399 - $599 or more. https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201471
The prices referenced above do not include accessories, including:
- Protective Case or Folio (Required)
- Bluetooth Keyboard (Optional) (Stand alone or built into the case or folio)
- Stylus (Optional)
- Screen Protector (Optional)
Although you may elect to purchase a 12.9 inch iPad Pro, we do not recommend that you do so based on multiple considerations, including weight, cost, portability, and size of device footprint on student desks.