In the spirit of St. Ignatius and Loyola’s administration, Board of Trustees, faculty and staff, we intentionally strive to keep the Loyola experience affordable and accessible by charging less than the actual cost of education for all students.
For the 2019-20 school year, the subsidized tuition and fees rate is $10,680 while the cost of education per student is approximately $12,500. This difference of $1,820 per student is made up through voluntary gifts above tuition. Financial assistance assists with TUITION ONLY. Registration and student fees are not covered by this program. Loyola does not award academic or athletic scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY
The financial assistance application is part of the online TADS registration process. Students must be accepted and registered before applying. The application deadline for the 2020-21 school year is March 15, 2020. Funds for financial assistance are limited. Notification will be provided by May 1, 2020.
In order to be considered for financial assistance, applicants must:
- Be registered and accepted at Loyola College Prep.
- Complete the online application forms through TADS. (Parents who need assistance completing the application may contact TADS Parent Support 1-800-477-8237 or contact Tanika Nash in the Loyola Business Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-226-6293).
- Have current information in their existing Loyola account (must have no past due payments).
- Maintain a 2.0 minimum grade point average with no failing grades.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE OPPORTUNITIES
1. Need-Based Assistance (provided by Loyola)
Loyola College Prep’s financial assistance program provides tuition relief to deserving students who are qualified for, but cannot afford, a Loyola education. The primary source of money is the interest income from Loyola’s Endowed Scholarship Fund. Income derived from investments is earmarked for financial assistance and also helps to offset school operating expenses. In addition, money raised for Loyola’s Community Scholarship Fund provides additional funding for need-based aid. The majority of Loyola’s financial aid awards are derived from these sources. Annual Fund gifts are NOT used for financial assistance.
2. Need-Based Assistance (provided by independent outside sources)
Currently there are two other forms of outside assistance that Loyola accepts – ACE and ARETE scholarship. These two programs are available for students who attended public school in the previous school year before attending Loyola and have a financial need based on the programs’ income limitations. Families must apply directly ACE and ARETE and name Loyola College Prep as their school of choice. For more information on the ACE and ARETE Scholarship programs, please review the websites below:
ARETE Scholarships: www.aretescholars.org or 225-245-3610
ACE Scholarships: www.acescholarships.org 504-491-1813
3. Need-Based Assistance (provided by the Catholic Diocese of Shreveport)
Catholic applicants who request financial assistance consideration though the TADS application process are automatically considered for Diocesan assistance. Discounted tuition rates are also available for Catholic families. If you would like to apply, please complete the Parishioner Verification Form found in the TADS application process.
4. Assistance Not Based on Need (provided by Flyer Alumni organizations)
a) Each year, the St. Vincent's Academy alumnae awards scholarship to current or incoming students who are children or grandchildren of St. Vincent's Academy alumnae. Applications are being accepted for the scholarship now. Please click the link here to download an application and submit by April 5, 2020.
b) Each year, the Flyer Alumni Association awards scholarship to current or incoming students who are children or grandchildren of alumni. Applications are being accepted for the scholarship now. Please click the link here to download an application and submit by April 5, 2020.
- Is my child able to earn either an academic or sports scholarship to attend Loyola College Prep?
- Do I need to be admitted before I can apply for financial aid?
- When is the deadline to apply for tuition assistance and when will it be awarded?
- Is there a fee to apply for tuition assistance?
- How is the amount of financial aid determined?