- Begin the college search process in Naviance.
- Perform the Super Match to get a list of colleges that might be the right fit.
- Enter college names in Colleges I'm Interested In, and research each of their admission requirements.
- Register for college visits on the Loyola campus in Naviance.
- Get on the mailing list of each college of interest, or establish contact by email. (Tip: Create a generic email account, or in a Loyola email account, create a different folder for each college of interest to hold emails from each.)
- Find out the application deadline(s) of each college, and plan accordingly. (Tip: Don't forget to look at scholarships and their deadlines.)
- Financial assistance planning is important. Refer here or to Naviance to determine how much it might cost to attend colleges of interest. (Tip: Ask yourself; What special scholarships, grants, college work-study programs or loans will be needed?)
- Loyola automatically registers students to take the PSAT/NMSQT in October.
- Begin planning to take the ACT or SAT during the year.
- Visit colleges if possible during holiday time.
- Plan schedule of classes for senior year. Be sure to check all entrance requirements of colleges of interest.
- Register to take one or both of the college admissions tests:
- ACT - February, April, June and/or July
- SAT - January, March, May and/or June
- If the college(s) of interest requires SAT Subject Tests, see Mrs. Alexander about registering. It is recommended that, if some are required, they are taken right after course completion.
- It is strongly recommended that students and families visit as many college campuses as possible. Make appointments with admissions offices for tours and interviews.
- Limit a final list of college choices.
- Use time away from school to build a resume in Naviance with some of these suggestions: finalize required community service work, obtain a summer job, attend a summer enrichment program, etc.
- Complete the Letter of Recommendation Questionnaire in Naviance.
- Schedule a summer meeting with Mrs. Alexander.
There are no events to display